It can be said that one of the most important social and family problems of today is the issue of “Violence Against Women”. This problem is simply a situation that exists in many countries of the world not only in Turkey.
In this respect, the reports prepared by international organizations every year reveal the problem strikingly with its statistical dimension. To protect the family structure, to be able to say no to all kinds of violence against women, to examine the source of violence against women visually, to raise awareness, to mobilize social sensitivity, to raise awareness of individuals on this issue, to create designs that contain messages for empathy of the opposite sex, and these products as an educational material when necessary. It is a need to ensure that it is used. This effort can be done individually or socially. However, it cannot be said that this is at a sufficient level now and that it has been achieved by using different media. Therefore, it can be stated that especially public institutions and universities should make more efforts in this regard. In addition, applications that are not used much but have high impact value when used, thanks to their visibility, the use of these images on many areas and products and the awareness created by the public attention when used, highlight the art / design activities. For this reason, it has been planned to organize an international cartoon competition “Violence Against Women”.
The competition will be visible and raise awareness in many countries of the world thanks to an international jury to be established. Competition juries will be made up of people working in the field of professional and academic work both in Turkey and abroad. With the active participation of the followers of these juries and the people who want to participate in the competition, the aimed awareness can be achieved to a great extent. In addition, watching the cartoon exhibitions and even using them as educational material will increase the sustainability and impact value of the cartoons that will appear after the competition. For this reason, organizing and using a cartoon competition in international media constitutes the scope of the project.
Opening the first 100 cartoons exhibition to be selected from the cartoon competitions, preparing a product catalog from the first 100 works and sending them to the relevant institutions and organizations, some of the designs to be selected from the first 100 works can be used in different graphic design products (website, mail design, calendar, postcard, mural, totem etc. outdoor advertisements) constitutes the scope of the project. The level of awareness can be increased by opening exhibitions / exhibitions of the first 100 works to be created from cartoons in different countries and cities if desired.
The exhibition will consist of the first 100 cartoons selected by the jury within the scope of the competition and in accordance with the purpose of the competition. The Organizing Committee is authorized to increase or decrease this number if it deems necessary.
The competition aims to raise awareness on “Violence Against Women” and to maintain this awareness; It includes reminding the individuals’ responsibilities towards the family structure and women with the topic “Take A Step Against Violence Toward Women”. Accordingly, it includes the formation of a society that is sensitive to human rights, understanding, respectful, selfless, humane, fair, and acknowledging its rights towards women. It also includes women’s immunity, dignity, nonviolent society, compassion in the family, early marriage, forced marriage, non-violent society, abuse, tolerance, anger management and children's rights.
- The competition is open to all amateur and professionals in Turkey and the World, except the first-degree relatives of the jury and jury members.
- As a result of the competition, designs deemed suitable for exhibition will be exhibited with achievement awards and honorable designs.
- There is no limitation in the use of color and technique in the works.
- The originals of the designs should be saved in CMYK mode at a resolution of at least 300 dpi without compression, not exceed 10 MB and suitable for print in A3 (27.94 cmx43.18 cm) size.
- In order to participate in the competition, the website of the competition must be registered and the works must be uploaded.
- There should not be any logo, institution name or sign on the cartoons.
- Each artist / designer can participate in the competition with five (5) designs that have not been awarded, exhibited (including social media, youtube etc.) or participated in any competition. However, only one (1) prize will be awarded.
- If it is determined that the application design has been exhibited before and / or has participated in any competition, the candidacy / application of the relevant work will be canceled immediately. If this issue is determined after the award, the candidate will be obliged to return the prize money (with legal interest) and the certificate of achievement / participation.
- In the competition, only cartoons related to the specified competition subject will be evaluated. Otherwise it will be eliminated.
- The language of the messages to be used on the cartoons participating in the competition can be Turkish or one of the local languages of the participants. However, if one of the local languages is used, English must be added. Otherwise, such designs will be excluded from evaluation.
- A verbal message (title, slogan, etc.) can be used to support visual design on cartoons.
- The institutions or organizations that organize the competition and the sponsor should not use logos or visuals for commercial purposes for cartoons. In addition, it should not contain symbols and images that are political, contrary to human rights and contain sexuality.
- If the Organizing Committee deems necessary, it may change the competition calendar or cancel the competition at any stage.
- The first 100 cartoons awarded and deemed worthy of exhibition will be published in an album and this album will be sent to the owners.
- Payments by artists abroad will be made in dollars, taking into account the exchange rate of the day the payment is made from the bank.
- The results of the competition will be communicated to the award-winning illustrators, press and social media.
- First-degree relatives of the selection committee members cannot participate in the competition.
- All artists / designers who participate in the competition and whose designs are deemed worthy of exhibition are deemed to have accepted the provisions of this specification in advance.
|1. Award||10.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement||(1st Prize)|
|2. Award||6.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement||(2nd Prize)|
|3. Award||3.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement||(3rd Prize)|
|4. Award||Certificate of Achievement||(ury special prize)|
|5. Award||Certificate of Achievement||(ury special prize)|
|6. Award||Certificate of Achievement||(ury special prize)|
The awards will be deposited into the accounts of the award winners, after deducting legal taxes and bank transfer expenses, within 12 months following the award ceremony to be held at the place and date to be decided by the Organizing Committee.
The competition starts on 12 March, 2021 and ends on October 30, 2021. The submission of the work to the “Cartoon Competition, Take A Step Against Violence Toward Women” will be announced on the website designed for the competition. The award ceremony and exhibition will be held on November 25, 2021, to mark the World No Violence Against Women Day.
In order for the first three award winners and jury members to participate in the award ceremony, if the necessary sponsorship support is provided, transportation, transfer, accommodation and food expenses will be covered by the institutions organizing the competition.
Candidates who meet the conditions in the specification must upload their works (www.grafreedesign.org) to the website between 12 March January 2021 and October 30, 2021.
- The competition will be pre-selected. For this purpose, the cartoons will be evaluated by a pre-selection jury, which will be formed from among the main jury members or according to the decision of the organizing board, with the participation of the new jury members proposed by the organizing board. This process will take place between 29-30 October 2021.
- The Selection Committee will make the evaluation online in digital environment between 2-5 November 2021. During the evaluation, the jury will not see any information about the user other than the cartoon design.
- The first 120 cartoons (www.grafreedesign.org) will be suspended between 8-10 November 2020. If there is an objection due to the copy or high similarity of the cartoons, the justifications of the objections will be evaluated by the organizing board and, if deemed appropriate, the objected designs will be removed from the list, instead the designs / designs will be added from the reserve list and their announcement will be made on November 12, 2021. Two days will be given to object to these designs. If there is an objection to these designs, the organizing board will decide whether this process will continue and the result will be announced on 15 November 2021 (www.grafreedesign.org/).
By filling out the participation form, the participant declares that the cartoon(s) that he / she will participate in the competition are the owner of the work and that he / she has this work (s) on the 21st-25th article of the Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works Law No. 5846. The Governorship of Kütahya, including the right to transfer to third parties, without any place, time and number limitation, in the form of a non-exclusive simple license, the financial rights of processing, reproduction, dissemination, representation and transmission to the public through means of transferring signs, sound and / or images defined in the provisions of Article and Kütahya Dumlupınar University, that the Governorship of Kütahya and Kütahya Dumlupınar University consent to display the cartoons in question, keep them in their archives, reproduce and publish them in any way they wish, but not limited to these; and accepts.
In the event that the cartoon(s) that the participant will participate in the competition receives a degree and / or award, the participant's degree and / or award-winning cartoon(s) are the owner of the work and transferred the ownership of the original or copy submitted to the Kütahya Governorate and Kütahya Dumlupınar University. Law No. 5846 on Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works. The Governorate of Kütahya exclusively without any place, time and number restrictions, including the rights to use the financial rights of the processing, reproduction, dissemination, representation and transmission of signs, sound and / or image to the public, including the rights of transferring them to third parties. That he has transferred to Kütahya Dumlupınar University, that he has consented to use the cartoons in question, to keep them in their archives, to reproduce and publish them on the internet and in any other way, and to use them in any way they wish, without limitation, that he has no power of disposition in terms of the financial rights subject to the transfer and therefore It accepts and declares in advance that it will not make transactions with third parties regarding the transferred financial rights. The participant will process the information in the application form that he has filled out to participate in the competition, within the scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No.6698, the Governorship of Kütahya and Kütahya Dumlupınar University for the purposes of communication and participation in the competition within the framework of the “Take A Step Against Violence Toward Women” Competition that the personal data will be kept by the Governorship of Kütahya and Kütahya Dumlupınar University, even if the application is unsuccessful, and that the information regarding participation in the competition will be shared with the jury, press and media organs and other relevant persons, in case of receiving an award or publishing the work, the owner of the work agrees and declares that his information will be shared with the public and that the necessary information has been provided to him.
The participant can learn about his / her rights regarding personal data and possible changes regarding the processing of these data from www.grafreedesign.org website; If there is a request for the processing of personal data by the Governorship of Kütahya and Kütahya Dumlupınar University, the request will be sent to the address of Kütahya Governorate and Kütahya Dumlupınar University (Kütahya Dumlupınar University, Evliya Çelebi Campus, Tavşanlı road 10 km.), In writing and with a wet signature. that he has been informed about the terms and conditions of the application, that he will give clear and understandable information about the right he has requested to use during the application, that the applicant must prove his identity during the application in order to prove that he is the relevant person and therefore send his identity information together with the application and contact information to convey the result of the application to me. It also agrees and declares that it is necessary to share it and that all these matters have been enlightened before participation in the competition. Therefore, the organizations organizing the competition can use, reproduce and publish the highest or not ranked cartoons for cultural and promotional purposes. Participants in the competition are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
As the organizers of the “Take A Step Against Violence Toward Women” competition, we ensure that the personal information and personal rights acquired during registration and participation will be reserved and will not be shared with other persons.
- Candidates participating in the competition are deemed to have accepted all the conditions in this specification in advance from the moment they apply to participate in the competition.
- In matters not specified in the specification or in case of doubt, the decisions of Kütahya Dumlupınar University Faculty of Fine Arts and the Governorship of Kütahya are valid.
www.grafreedesign.org Phone: +902744432566/2566-+902744432567/2567